Cross-country skiing in Saalfelden & Leogang
Cross-country skiing in front of the magnificent backdrop of the Leogang Mountains is a special treat. It is primarily the quality of the trails passing through the expansive, sunny and naturally diverse Saalfelden basin that impresses cross-country skiers. Leogang has the optimal conditions for fans of this type of sport - if you want perfectly tended trails and peace and quiet - look no further.
Saalfelden and Hochfilzen in particular are rewarding cross-country skiing destinations. The Hochfilzen biathlon centre attracts the world’s best biathletes once a year in early December for the world cup. You too can have a go at the Europa trail and are also welcome to test your abilities and marksmanship in the guest biathlon.
Overview of key information:
- Saalfelden: An extensive network of trails (about 80 km), well-kept double and skating tracks, trails for all abilities - mainly easy to moderately difficult terrain, and World Cup trails at Ritzensee for more demanding and athletic skiers and skaters
- Leogang: Approx. 30 km of trails in the central area and in the district of Grießen
- Connecting trail from Saalfelden to Leogang
- Numerous connecting trails in the neighboring area
- Approx. 150 km of trails in the central trail network surrounding Saalfelden and Leogang
- All the assistance you could require from cross-country ski schools and service points
- High quality sporting shops with equipment for sale or hire and assistance