Summer holiday at Millinghof
Summer in Leogang is simply fabulous. Whether you want to hike, cycle, play golf, go swimming, ride or do very little in a quiet place - Millinghof has lots to offer for those seeking peace and quiet as well as those who are looking for an activity holiday. It boasts long, sunny days which are ideal for exploring the diverse and enchanting natural surroundings.
Holidays at the foothills of the Saalfelden and Leogang ranges are especially ideal for families with children and are a great place to unwind. Holidaying on a farm means lots of variety, excitement and plenty of fun for the kids.
There are also great leisure activities in the local vicinity. The Sinne adventure park - a 400m long summer toboggan run, the epic bike park, themed hiking trails and a cool go-kart track guarantee you an unforgettable family holiday with a feel-good factor.
The Saalfelden-Leogang-Card is included for all our guests.
Mountain of senses
‘Der Große Asitz’ is 1,914 metres high and is the local mountain of Leogang, or ‘Hausberg’, offering a diverse range of exciting sports activities encompassing almost every height level as well as many other attractions:
- Leo’s Spielewanderweg games trail
- Reservoir pond with Kneipp area
- Summer toboggan run ‘LeoKlang’
- Sinne adventure park
- Soundtrack Islands
- Numerous hiking trails toward Saalfelden, Leogang, Hochfilzen, Saalbach-Hinterglemm
- Bike park for all ages
- Mountain restaurants with culinary delights
Flying Fox at the Asitz
At the mid-way station of the Astitzbahn cable car you will find something that is exhilarating and unique: A 1,600 m long Flying Fox XXL which will take you down the mountain at speeds of up to 130 km/h - one of the fastest and longest steel ziplines in the world. Those brave enough will race at high speeds from as high up as 140 metres down into the valley - pure adrenaline but scrupulously safe.
If you want to explore beautiful and unique landscapes on your (mountain) bike or E-bike then you are in the right place!
This is cycling fun at its best across more than 720 km of mountain bike trails and 480 km of valley bike trails which are sure to please everyone from ambitious mountain bikers, downhill fans, leisure cyclists or people taking it easy on their E-bike. There are tricky single-trail tracks or the famous Tauern bike trail, so cycling enthusiasts will get their hearts’ every desire!
Our tours lead you through the impressive landscapes in our immediate surroundings, across the rolling grassy mountains and over to the breath-taking sheer cliffs of the “Steinernes Meer” plateau.
The LEOGANG BIKE PARK atop Asitz is an absolute must. There are countless downhill, free ride, 4-cross and dual routes just waiting to be mastered!
„The Epic Bikepark Leogang“ is one of the most famous bike-parks of Europe. There are lots of things you can look forward to:
- over 80km Lines and Trails
- Riders Playground
- Pumptrack area
Whether you are looking for a challenging high mountain tour up to 2,600 m above sea level or a relaxed mountain pasture hike: Leogang and Saalfelden provide you with 400 km of well-tended hiking trails. Once at your destination, you will not only have rustic mountain cabins with regional delicacies, but also stunning views of the surrounding mountains to enjoy.
Conquer the numerous hiking destinations in the region. A hike up to the hermitage of St. George above Saalfelden or a tour to the natural Birnbachloch monument in Leogang will be an unforgettable experience. Hiking helps you unwind and energises you. They say there are places of spiritual energy which promote inner peace - with a total of 19 such locations in Leogang, which are marked with the ying & yang symbol and are well worth a visit.
This place is a paradise for mountain lovers with its hiking trails, nordic walking and treks - tours of the Leogang Steinberg Mountains or Steinernes Meer plateau are particularly stunning!
Swimming is a really ‘cool’ experience for kids and grown-ups alike at the times of year when the thermometer is through the roof. You will get FREE entry to the following open air pools as part of the Saalfelden-Leogang-Card GRATIS:
- Sonnrain Leogang leisure centre and swimming pool
- Obsmarkt Saalfelden swimming pool
- Ritzensee bathing and activity lake
- Swimming pool on the farm
If the sun is not shining that day, there are also wonderful indoor pools and thermal springs in the nearby vicinity:
- TauernSPA Kaprun
- Zell am See indoor pool
- Fieberbrunn indoor pool
- Gastein thermal springs (Alpentherme Hofgastein, Felsentherme Badgasstein)
Feeding the animals
After breakfast we take you to visit the animals in our stables and in the field. Children of all ages can give us a hand distributing the food - the animals love visitors!
Millinghof farm is an oasis for horse lovers and fans of riding. Riding beginners will first go through lunge lessons. For those ready to take the reins themselves, expert instruction will be available on our farm’s own riding arena and, depending on capability and safety, you can then head out into the countryside for a quick ride.
If you need to cool down on a hot summer’s day after a strenuous riding session or day in the mountains, there is nothing better than leaping into the pool.
Table tennis, badminton, basketball and much more await you at the Millinghof...
If you have a good head for heights and love nothing more than putting your body to the test with a climbing session, the ‘Felsenfest’ climbing hall in Saalfelden offers everything you could need. It covers around 400m2 and features:
- approx. 1,700m2 of total climbing area
- approx. 1,250m2 of indoor lead climbing area
- approx. 250m2 outdoor lead climbing area Approx. 150m2 indoor boulder area
- approx. 50m2 outdoor boulder area
- approx. 50m2 outdoor boulder area
- Wall height of 17.5 m with up to 22 m route length
- Up to 10 m overhanging
- Via ferrata facility
The great outdoors has climbing routes and fixed-rope trails, or via ferrata, in lower Saalachtal valley, in Hochfilzen and in St. Ulrich...
WFor more climbing information, visit www.climbers-paradise.at
REGIONAL EXCURSIONS ON OFFER:
- Großglockner high alpine road
- Krimmler waterfalls
- High altitude reservoirs in Kaprun
- Kitzsteinhorn glacier in Kaprun
- Hochgebirgsstauseen in Kaprun
- Kitzsteinhorn - Gletscher in Kaprun
- ice giant world cave
- City of Salzburg: Hohensalzburg Fortress, Natural History Museum, Mirabell garden
- Salzburg Zoo
- Hellbrunn Castle near Salzburg (fountains)
- Hallein Salt Mine
- Ferleiten Wildlife and Leisure Park
- Mittersill National Park Museum
- Boat trip on Lake Zell
- Hohenwerfen Fortress
- And many more...
Winter holidays in Leogang
A winter holiday in Leogang/Saalfelden has its own unique charm. When the countryside has been blanketed in white snow and the winter sun glitters upon the slopes, it touches the soul.
Leave everyday life and the hustle and bustle behind you, breathe in the healthy mountain air, wrap up warm and head out into mother nature. Here is where your sense of adventure will be awakened and the large range of leisure activities will provide plenty of action or a much-needed chance to unwind.
Delve into the holiday paradise of Leogang-Saalfelden and go skiing, snowboarding, horse sleigh riding, cross-country skiing and tobogganing. Countless traditional and cosy mountain cabins are great places to warm up and get some sustenance from regional delicacies.
The Saalfelden-Leogang-Card is included for all our guests.
Skiing at the “Skicircus” – “Home of lässig”
The Saalbach-Hinterglemm Leogang ski resort, now joined with Fieberbrunn, is the largest connected skiing region in Austria with 270 kilometres of unique slopes. There are 68 modern lifts which take you quickly and comfortably from the base station in Asitz valley up more than 1,800 m (mountain station) in only 13 minutes, enabling you to take on the best downhill runs at all difficulty levels.
Test your skill on the mogul run, the permanent race slopes or through extra-wide carve turn routes. There is a free-ride area at up to 900 meters above sea level which will put even the hardiest free-riders to the test. But snowboarders, beginners and ambitious Alpine skiers will also find just the right descent for them as well as plenty of fun on the slopes.
The expansion of the snow-making equipment at Asitz as well as the construction of the Wildenkar reservoir contribute to reliable snow conditions and safety in the Skicircus resort. Fun on the slopes is nothing without the celebrations after you take off your skis. There are countless catered cabins, restaurants and refreshment stops in which to take a break or sunbathe in spring!
Cross-country skiing in front of the magnificent backdrop of the Leogang Mountains is a special treat. It is primarily the quality of the trails passing through the expansive, sunny and naturally diverse Saalfelden basin that impresses cross-country skiers. Leogang has the optimal conditions for fans of this type of sport - if you want perfectly tended trails and peace and quiet - look no further.
Saalfelden and Hochfilzen in particular are rewarding cross-country skiing destinations. The Hochfilzen biathlon centre attracts the world’s best biathletes once a year in early December for the world cup. You too can have a go at the Europa trail and are also welcome to test your abilities and marksmanship in the guest biathlon.
Overview of key information:
- Saalfelden: An extensive network of trails (about 80 km), well-kept double and skating tracks, trails for all abilities - mainly easy to moderately difficult terrain, and World Cup trails at Ritzensee for more demanding and athletic skiers and skaters
- Leogang: Approx. 30 km of trails in the central area and in the district of Grießen
- Connecting trail from Saalfelden to Leogang
- Numerous connecting trails in the neighboring area
- Approx. 150 km of trails in the central trail network surrounding Saalfelden and Leogang
- All the assistance you could require from cross-country ski schools and service points
- High quality sporting shops with equipment for sale or hire and assistance
Leogang in winter has also got plenty more to offer besides the ski slopes. How about some group tobogganing? Is there any better conclusion to day on your skis than sitting down together for a little mulled wine and a hearty snack?
- Biberg Saalfelden: The natural toboggan run on Biberg in Saalfelden has been extended from 3 km to an unbelievable 6 km! It is not only getting down into the valley that is an adventure - going uphill on skidoos or tractors is also plenty of fun!
- Asitz Leogang: As they say: “Cable car up - toboggan down”. Leo’s Kufengaudi opens its doors between midday and 4pm and twice a week in the evenings for an exciting toboggan tour.
Wintertrekking and Snowshoeing
- Trek along kilometres of well-tended winter trails through stunning nature and experience the quieter side of winter.
- Or stomp over pristine snowfields and enjoy the splendid beauty of a winter’s day during your holiday in Leogang/Saalfelden. Once a week you will have the opportunity to participate in a introductory course at the Deisenberger ski school.
- The leisure centre at Zell am See has an enticing ice rink... With a little luck you may be able to watch some top European ice hockey teams practice for a friendly or a big match. Ice shoes and skates available for hire.
- The natural ice rink of Ritzensee is a frozen lake the draws many ice skaters from far and wide. (open depending on weather conditions)
Horse-drawn sleigh ride
The cold, clear winter air, rosy cheeks and a thick blanket of snow - what could be more romantic than a horse-drawn sleigh ride? Be taken through the magical mountain world cuddled up under a blanket by two panting steeds. We will gladly organise a horse-drawn sleigh ride in our wonderful region of Saalfelden-Leogang upon request.
Warm up & relax comfortably
Indoor pool in Fieberbrunn:
The Aubad pool offers you and your kids plenty of opportunities to learn about the element of water through playing and sports.
- Indoor sports swimming pool 12.5 x 25m
- Swimming channel that leads to the outdoor massage pool
- 65 m long tunnel slide
- Quiet room
- Kids’ pool
Indoor pool in Zell am See:
The indoor pool is a highly modern, multifunctional sport and leisure pool that is popular among guests due to its intimate atmosphere.
- 74-metre water slide
- 3-metre high diving platform
- 1-metre high diving board
- 25-metre sports swimming pool with massage jets and streams of air coming from underneath
- 33 m2 infant pool with pirate ship
- Steam bath
Thermal bath Kaprun - TauernSPA:
There is an entire water world to be found in the base camp which is ideal for sports activities as well as unwinding and dreaming.
- Activity pool with flow channel
- Relaxation pool with grotto
- High pool with water cascade
- Various zones in which to lie down
- ‘Kidstein’ children’s spa
- Solo calmness pool with music
- Activity pool
- 25-metre sports pool
Saalfelden Leogang Card
The Saalfelden Leogang Card is included in your holiday-price at our farm. With this you get many discounts, for more information click here: